As Storm Jonas rages onward, — can’t help but think about Nick, Joe and Kevin — I thought I’d tackle a sunnier subject! Pretty, straw beach bags! Although there’s 0.0% chance of me working on my ‘bikini body’ this afternoon (weather humor.), I still wanted to check off some Spring Break necessities. Yes, it may be January, but I’m already craving that Bahamian sun. Especially today. To be fair though, I’ve mainly been watching “Ray Donovan” and eating skinny pop, so life is, as Bert and John Jacobs always seem to say, good.
Anyway, here are some beach bags I’m feeling! What’s great is that if you look far enough back in the Sale/Clearance sections of some online stores, they’ve still got products from LAST Summer. Nothing like getting a great deal on a perfectly perfect bag. Also, side note, I do think that beach bags are important. I see no need to bring a purse to anywhere other than work or class, but a beach bag is mandatory for every moment of your vacation.
Where else are you gonna stash your 2 books, SPF 35 sunscreen (if you don’t wear it, talk to Baz Luhrmann), chapstick, phone, coverup and sunglasses?
- I love this woven bag from Sensi. It comes in a bunch of different colors, and is totally functional. It’s big enough to cram in all your junk, plus your little brother’s stray sports accessories.
- This straw tote from Joie is on a SUPER sale. I love how structured it is! Sort of reminds me of a trendy picnic basket.
- Sophie Anderson makes a ton of awesome, woven bucket bags. This is the larger version, but she often makes small bucket bags and clutches in the same print! Great for both day and night at the beach. These come in a bunch of different colors and patterns.
- What I love about Tory Burch’s Straw Tote is that it’s soooo something my mother would wear both at home and on the beach. How great would that be? No need to transfer all your things? One and done. It’s definitely far more dressy, with a leather tassel.
- Modcloth has some really cute straw bags that double as weekender totes. I love browsing Modcloth for some vintagey purchases.
- This beach basket from Anthropologie makes me smile! There’s something so friendly about it. I love the pops of color. Perfect for anyone who loves to wear bright bathing suits!