This year, after a THREE-year hiatus, I am hosting a mini-Galentine’s Day party for our Panhellenic Team. For those who don’t know, Galentine’s Day is a Leslie Knope-creation that will fill you and your best gal pals with glee. Show love for your female friends and have a mid-February girl’s night out! Or a girl’s night in! Or a girl’s night in-out! (More logistical stress, but equally as fun. I promise.) Here are a few tips for a successful, fun G-Day:
- Get that Evite out pronto. I’ve chosen some of my favorites!
- Make reservations in advance. See if there’s a Ladies Night Special! (Hint: For Durham eats, head to the Little Dipper on Wednesday nights.)
- Assign everyone a Galentine. Whether you want to give a card or a small trinket, Galentine’s Day offerings abound. Check out Laughing Elephant’s vintage-inspired cards for something bright and nostalgic. Or, head to Etsy for some feminist trinkets! Let’s support women in business! Woo!
- To make a celebratory dinner even more special, pose a question to each of your guests on their seating cards. You can go light, deep, whatever, but try to launch a conversation that wouldn’t ordinarily arise. How often do we get to talk about our accomplishments? To acknowledge a friend’s success collectively?
- And, my favorite tip, inspired by Poppy Delevigne’s Hen Party: dress up as your favorite, kick-ass, female. Look how fun! Even Harry Styles wanted in. (This can be as loosely interpreted as you’d like it to be.)