Utah isn’t simply a hotspot for winter sports fanatics. In fact, I happen to prefer it during those especially hot, exceptionally dry, dog days of summer. If you like skiing or snowboarding during the winter months, why not try your hand at wake surfing on the Jordanelle Reservoir? Snowshoers unite and join me on a hike up to the top of Silver Lake! Seriously, there are a plethora of activities, not to mention fabulous restaurants and shopping, to check out in Park City from June through September.
After a week spent with my dad, grandparents and siblings, I’ve compiled some of my most favorite, tried-and-tested activities, restaurants and shops. (I previously wrote about Dolly’s Bookstore, so head back to my last post for more information on that hidden gem of a bookstore!)
- Wake surfing at Jordanelle Rentals & Marina: I have long adored looking out over the top of the Wasatch Mountain Range during December skiing and catching a glimpse of the beautiful Jordanelle Reservoir. Jordanelle Rentals & Marina has been a longtime Carmichael-favorite. Whether you wish to charter your own ski boat, or have a captain take you around, you won’t be disappointed by the calm, peaceful water. It’s an ideal spot for beginners.
- Stillman Ranch: Few people can say they’ve gone on a two-hour trail ride with their 80-year-old grandparents. But I sure can! Following a scenic route through 9,000 acres of ranch land, our guides even introduced us to a few baby moose.
- All Seasons Adventures: The highlight of my visit to Utah was paddling down the Weber River with my brother and his girlfriend. This Level 2 whitewater rafting trip is a great mixture of thrilling currents, guidance and fun! Our guide Dan was so knowledgeable and totally kept me calm through the treacherous ‘Rock Garden’ and low, low, low bridges.
- Park City MARC: As a major swimmer, this is my dad’s favorite place to go to swim laps, play a game of tennis and work out. With a $7 entrance fee, you have access to all the Park City MARC’s facilities.
- Snow Park Outdoor Amphitheater: Located at Deer Valley’s Snow Park base, rocking out to a Mike Posner concert has never been more outdoorsy! Deer Valley offers a whole bunch of varied concerts– from pop to country to classical. Be sure to bring your blanket and a lawn chair, sit back, relax and enjoy the show. I highly recommend the signature Deer Valley ice cream sandwiches.
And of course, don’t forget to take some great hikes and follow the mountain biking trails!
1 reply »